The Landmark Café

Listed in

About

The Landmark Cafe dates back to World War 2 when Margaret Carmichael sold the property at 400 West Fry Blvd. to the U.S. Government for the sum of $1.00. Built in 1942, the building was intended to provide recreation facilities for the large population of African American military personnel stationed at Fort Huachuca. The Fort, home to the famous Buffalo Soldiers of the 9th and 10th Cavalry in the early party of the century, would be the training home to two divisions (the 92nd and 93rd) of the African American soldiers (among other units) during World War 2. Initially, the Army used the building as a USO club. It sat vacant after World War 2 but was turned into a Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO) club when Fort Huachuca was reactivated in 1954. In 1975, the building was purchased at auction by Tony Schaieb and Roger Barnett.

Contact

Overview
Contact/Other